CPC Leadership Team News:
Dec. 24, 2019
The process of electing the next Leader of the Conservative Party, and Canada’s next Prime Minister has begun!
As we move forward, we are committed to keeping our Party members informed with frequent updates on the upcoming leadership race.
Today, we are excited to announce the membership of our Leadership Election Organizing Committee.
We’ve compiled a team of hardworking, long-time Conservatives to set the rules for, and oversee, the upcoming leadership race.
The 9-person panel is composed of:
Dan Nowlan, Co-Chair
- Previously, Dan served as chair of the Conservative Party of Canada’s 2016-2017 Leadership Selection Organizing Committee.
Lisa Raitt, Co-Chair
- Lisa served as a Conservative Member of Parliament from 2008 to 2019. Over that period, she was Deputy Leader of the Opposition and the Conservative Party of Canada, held a number of key cabinet portfolios, and ran as a leadership candidate herself.
- Judy served as Newfoundland and Labrador’s Minister of Justice and Public Safety from 2014 to 2015.
- Marc-Olivier previously served as a LEOC member
- Marie-Josée currently works as Executive Vice President of Public Affairs with La Capitale, a financial services and insurance business, primarily based in Quebec, with more than $8 billion in assets and more than 2,600 employees.
- Jai previously served as a LEOC member.
- Lois previously served as a LEOC member.
- Sam previously served as a LEOC member and chair of the resolution/arbitration committee.
- Tanya was the 2019 Conservative candidate in Delta. She’s also a member of Tsawwassen First Nation (TFN), with past service as an elected executive councillor and an elected commissioner of the BC Treaty Commission.
The Leadership Election Organizing Committee’s next steps will be to determine the time frame for the leadership election, and requirements for leadership applicants.
Details will be released as the Leadership Election Organizing Committee makes decisions surrounding the rules, processes, procedures, and timelines for the Conservative Party’s leadership election.
In addition to the members listed in the previous email, LEOC also includes representation from the Conservative Party’s National Council, the Conservative Party Caucus and Conservative Fund Canada.
Chosen by National Council, those members are:
Hon. Diane Finley, MP
Senator Don Plett
Conservative Fund Canada
Senator Linda Frum
Ex-Officio – President of National Council
– Conservative Party of Canada