Elections Canada News Release
GATINEAU, Wednesday, October 23, 2019
- The 43rd federal election took place Monday, October 21, 2019.
- Based on the preliminary data gathered from 99.67% of polls, 17,980,264 Canadians voted. This translates into a voter turnout rate of 65.95%, not including electors who registered on election day.
- 4,774,963 voted at advance polls between Friday, October 11 and Monday, October 14.
- 111,300 voted on campus at one of 119 temporary Elections Canada offices open between Saturday, October 5 and Wednesday, October 9.
- 34,324 voted by mail from abroad.
- In order to serve Canadians, Elections Canada opened 503 offices across the country and 365 ordinary polling stations on reserves, and hired approximately 300,000 people to help deliver the election across Canada’s 338 electoral districts.
- 21 registered parties were represented and 2,146 candidates were confirmed.
- See more facts and figures for the 2019 general election.
Find more Election 43 info here: Elections Canada