What’s the real cost of the Trudeau-NDP Coalition? We took a look at the history books
We know that the Trudeau-NDP coalition will mean:
- Higher taxes;
- Bigger deficits;
- And, fewer good-paying jobs.
The last time there was a Liberal-NDP coalition was from October 1972 to July 8, 1974 under Prime Minister Pierre Elliott Trudeau.
In less than two years, the Liberal-NDP coalition:
- Jacked up personal income taxes by 40 per cent.
- Increased taxes on job creators by 66 per cent.
- Raised other taxes by 61 per cent.
- Increased Canada’s total debt by 19 per cent.
Source: Finance Canada Fiscal Reference Tables, September 2019.
Can be viewed at: https://www.fin.gc.ca/frt-trf/2019/frt-trf-19-eng.asp