The new Leader of the Conservative Party will be announced on Sunday August 23, 2020 starting at 6 pm EDT!
Join us live for the announcement online on CPC’s Facebook or CPC’s YouTube channel.
YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/cpcpcc
In order to be eligible to vote, you must be a member of the Conservative Party of Canada in good standing as of May 15, 2020. You can verify your membership status here: https://www.conservative.ca/membership-check/ or contact the National Service Desk at 1-866-808-8407
Mail-in ballots have all been sent out in July.
If you have not received yours past July 31st and are a member, please contact the National Service Desk at 1-866-808-8407.
Ballots must be mailed to CPC in Ottawa prior to 5 pm EST on Friday August 21st.
check here for more details: https://cpc-leadership2020.ca/
LEOC -Leadership Election Organizing Committee.
We’ve compiled a team of hardworking, long-time Conservatives to set the rules for, and oversee, the leadership race.
The 9-person panel is composed of:
Dan Nowlan, Co-Chair
- Previously, Dan served as chair of the Conservative Party of Canada’s 2016-2017 Leadership Selection Organizing Committee.
Lisa Raitt, Co-Chair
- Lisa served as a Conservative Member of Parliament from 2008 to 2019. Over that period, she was Deputy Leader of the Opposition and the Conservative Party of Canada, held a number of key cabinet portfolios, and ran as a leadership candidate herself.
- Judy served as Newfoundland and Labrador’s Minister of Justice and Public Safety from 2014 to 2015.
- Marc-Olivier previously served as a LEOC member
- Marie-Josée currently works as Executive Vice President of Public Affairs with La Capitale, a financial services and insurance business, primarily based in Quebec, with more than $8 billion in assets and more than 2,600 employees.
- Jai previously served as a LEOC member.
- Lois previously served as a LEOC member.
- Sam previously served as a LEOC member and chair of the resolution/arbitration committee.
- Tanya was the 2019 Conservative candidate in Delta. She’s also a member of Tsawwassen First Nation (TFN), with past service as an elected executive councillor and an elected commissioner of the BC Treaty Commission.
In addition, LEOC also includes representation from the Conservative Party’s National Council, the Conservative Party Caucus and Conservative Fund Canada.
Chosen by National Council, those members are:
Hon. Diane Finley, MP
Senator Don Plett
Conservative Fund Canada
Senator Linda Frum
Ex-Officio – President of National Council